Put a couple of 12 year-old girls in a kitchen on a Saturday afternoon and you will end up with a batch of cookies. Promise.
which can be a handy strategy if you’re looking for a little somethin’ sweet
These are a dense and kinda chewy cookie. We mixed up the chocolate and did a combo of semi-sweet chocolate chips and some mini white chocolate chips just for fun.
This recipe will make about 3 dozen cookies. They don’t last long in our house, so I have no idea how they will fair for long term storage. Which is probably all you really need to know.
a dense and chewy peanut butter cookie loaded with chocolate chips
1 hrPrep Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (your favourite kind)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups mini white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl or the bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter and peanut butter. Add sugars and beat until creamy and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Beat in honey and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture and beat at low speed until mostly incorporated. Then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a heaping tablespoons, drop round cookie balls on parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes, or until edges are turning golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before storing. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Use all semi-sweet chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks!, if you like, obviously
We used conventional sweetened and salted peanut butter.