I love easy salads. This bean salad is amazing. The cool thing is, you could make this anytime of year. I love it for summer BBQs and potlucks. But really, you can find fresh ingredients anytime of the year to pull this one together.
Whatever you do, don’t skimp on the fresh herbs and red pepper flakes. Otherwise, this would just be some ordinary lunch salad that you probably will never make again. And really, you should make this all the time.
I love making this salad and taking in my lunch. It’s healthy and light and the lemony-garlicky dressing is just so fresh. Makes a packed work lunch interesting. Because work lunches need to be interesting. This bean salad will keep for a few days. So go ahead make a big batch and nibble on it all week.
A hearty make-ahead salad. Makes a healthy packed lunch or good for BBQs or potlucks.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cups shredded carrots, about 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (19 oz) cans cannellini beans or other white beans
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pushed through a press
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage or basil, cut into thinly strips (chiffonade)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients.
- In a mason jar with a lid combine all dressing ingredients, tightly fix lid to jar and shake well to combine. (Alternatively, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine). Pour dressing over salad. Taste for seasonings, add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.