This recipe makes me feel a little bit guilty. I’ve basically taken a perfectly healthy breakfast option and made it candy.
Personally, I think this was rather brilliant of me. Something about the spicy gingerbread pieces with bitter sweet dark chocolate. It’s amazing and dead simple. So easy and so good in fact, I have decided to share this treat with just about everyone this holiday… I made some for the family, then a batch for the office potluck, and then decided the kids teachers are getting some too…. and there is that holiday party on the 23rd… yes friends you will see it again. and maybe again.
Here’s the recipe for the Gingerbread Crunch Bark…
- 500g semi-sweet dark chocolate chips (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 225g package white chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups Nature's Path Love Crunch Gingerbread Granola (about half a bag)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a microwave safe bowl melt dark chocolate chips. Use chocolate melt setting, or reduce power to 50%. Stir every 20-30 secs to avoid burning the chocolate. (Optional, melt chocolate over a double boiler).
- Pour dark chocolate onto parchment lined baking tray and spread to an even thickness with a spatula. No science here - just don't go too thin or the bark will be fragile.
- Repeat with the white chocolate, melting carefully in the microwave or over a double boiler. Use a clean bowl!
- Using a large spoon, randomly add scoops of white chocolate over top of the dark chocolate on the baking tray and swirl into the dark chocolate using a knife.
- Sprinkle granola evenly over the chocolate, pressing lightly into the chocolate.
- Allow to harden completely, one hour in the refrigerator - then break into chunks.
- Will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for several days.