1. I might be a bit chocolate deprived right now, but I just discovered the best thing ever…. Medjool dates dipped in almond butter. When it comes to almond butter I’m a bit of slob. Holy yummm
2. I purchased a new pair of running shoes this week. I’m not sure I love them yet. Is that normal? This is my first pair purchased with intention. My last 2 pairs worked just fine for me and they chosen only because they were on sale. Funny enough they were almost identical Nikes. These are my new ones UA Go Running shoes….. pretty colour aren’t they? They feel awesome when I’m not running. Hands down, after trying on a dozen different pairs, these were by far the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever had on my feet. They just feel a bit weird when I am running. Well, different anyways. I’m a bit on the fence.
3. I’m making an effort to get in some smoothies this week. I find that if I start my day with a smoothie (green or not, really doesn’t matter) I eat better all day AND I feel so much better because I didn’t start my day with just PB on toast. This weeks favourite smoothie:
Tropical fruit smoothie – half of a frozen banana, 1 cup frozen mango chunks, 1/2 cup papaya, 1/2 of an orange (peeled), 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, a dash of vanilla and unsweetened almond milk (not sure how much, I started with cup and then added more to get smoothie consistency).
4. Speaking of new running shoes. One of the reason’s I have been so hesitant to get new shoes is that I’m stuck on my Nike+ sensors. My husband tells me this is old technology. You can still buy Nike shoes with the little slot for the sensor but only a very limited selection. And while I’m not running double-digit miles or splits or speed work or crazy things like that, I like to know how far I’ve gone and I really like the little voice that tells me I only have 4 minute left. It’s so reassuring. Besides the Joggermom’s marathon requires that I have a verifiable record of my actual runs (in the case I win or something 😉 ). So new shoes means a new solution and I found these…. still waiting for my order to arrive… they attach to the outside of your shoe and hold the sensor.
5. Which brings me to this weeks marathon update. I’ve logged an additional 6 miles this week, bringing me to a total of 15.6 miles, 10.6 to go.
6. You probably don’t care , but I think I have finally kicked my coffee cream habit! Yay! Seriously, from a dairy-free perspective the cream in my coffee was my biggest worry. If you love coffee as much as I do, you would understand my worry. I’ve gone black. Only qualification here is Starbuck’s bold (my favourite) but they have soy milk so I’ll give myself a pass there.