I am not a football fan. I suffer through sporting events like every other spouse (who does not appreciate the game) every weekend during the fall and winter months. I usually avoid this by keeping myself busy in the kitchen. I suspect you are not surprise by this.
The Super Bowl is coming soon – my husband was impressed I knew this. The Super Bowl is about the only excuse I can think of for food like this. Sooo…. maybe I was waiting for the occasion just so I could make this dip. This dip is addictive and it is as good with fresh-cut veggies as it is with chips or crispy pita chips.
JALAPENO POPPER DIP
- 2 blocks light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 – 4 oz. can of diced green chillies
- 1/3 cup canned jalapenos, diced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together cream cheese, mayo, cheddar, chillies and jalapenos. Pour into 1.6 quart, or larger casserole dish. Mix together bread crumbs, olive oil and parmesan, and spread evenly over top of cheese mixture. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve with pita chips, veggies or corn chips.